Ice Skating and “Ice Stock”
Ice skating here in the mountains offers a welcome change of pace. The ice rinks at local sports centers invite you to circle the rink on skates. The magical backdrop and snowy countryside make the atmosphere even more special.
Overview of ice skating:
- Nature ice skating Abtenau (sporting area)
- Ice skating Annaberg (sporting area Annaberg)
Ice Stock in Tennengau
The sport of “ice stock” looks back on a long tradtion here in Tennengau, one of the oldest cuntry sports there is. There are rinks in practically every community, both in the town center as well as along more remote side roads.
Get together with locals out on the ice rink, marvel at their skills, and give it a try for yourself. The sport demands a combinatin of skill and tactics. You are also welcome to take part in a local tournament and see how you measure up against the best.
Fun and a great change of pace are guaranteed!
Overview of ice-stock centers:
- Abtenau – 2 laps next to the tenniscourts (Summer Asphaltlaps)
- Annaberg-Lungötz – lap next to the sporting area
- St. Martin am Tennengebirge – Gasthof Monigold (Ice stock by agreement)